Green microwaves can mean either a green microwave pertaining to the color or it references the eco-friendliness of the microwave oven. With people’s awareness building about climate change and people striving to lead a more responsible lifestyle people naturally lean towards products that can reduce their carbon footprint.
After doing much research I found there are not many green colored micro-wave ovens available on the Internet. So far I have found one slate green microwave oven.
Slate green microwave oven made by Dacor.
- Size: 2.0 cu. ft.
- 1200 Watts
- Digital Touchscreen Display
- Built-in Trim Kit (Optional and Sold Separately)
- Color: Green
- Approximate Dimensions: 23 15/16″ wide by 19 1/4″ deep by 13 7/16″ high
History of Green Microwave Ovens
The possibility of using microwaves to heat food during the 40′s was discovered by Percy Spencer, who worked for Raytheon to build radar and microwaves. Percy had been many inventions and had 120 patents to his name. On one days he noticed that a chocolate bar in his pocket had been, had melted. He understood immediately what was happening.
The first food then using microwaves was prepared, was popcorn. The second was an egg, however, in the face of one of the experimenters exploded.
In 1945, Raytheon patent on cooking with microwaves and in 1947 the company built the first commercial microwave oven, the Radarange. The device was nearly 1.8 meters high and weighed 340 kilograms. With water cooling could provide 3000 watts, about three times the wattage compares to current household microwaves.
Using Green Microwaves
Not all foods are suitable to be heated by microwaves. Here is a list of foods that are quite suitable to microwave:
- Apple sauce, stewed rhubarb puree and other fruit can easily be prepared in the microwave without you there to continue and must continue to stir.
- A white sauce of milk, butter and flour can be prepared in the microwave without burning and clumping. The disadvantage is that not only made a roux, which does not favor the taste.
- Many vegetables retain their flavor and can be prepared without salt. Green beans in microwave cooking, however, have an unpleasant whistling shell.
- Peeled potatoes are cooked for 8-10 minutes, in a little water. After 2 minutes to leave for yarn.
- A piece of salmon, a spoonful of white wine very well in the microwave to be cooked in minutes.
In combination with a conventional heater as a food in a microwave oven can be cooked, what a delicious result.
The microwave is very useful used in thawing of frozen food, before being cooked in the oven or on the stove. Furthermore, there are always more ready-to-eat meals on the market specially designed for the microwave.